All applicants must normally demonstrate academic capacity at a satisfactory level (Grade Point Average of Credit or equivalent) in their final year of coursework study that was used as part of the basis for admission.
1. Applicants must demonstrate the capacity to undertake research at the Doctoral level by the attainment of at least one of the following:
2. A Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Honours in a degree program that included a total of at least a semester of supervised project work, the results of which contributed to the Honours grade; or
3. A postgraduate qualification which included: (a) supervised research component(s) of at least one semester or equivalent and resulted in the production of output(s) graded at the equivalent of Distinction or better, and (b) at least one research methods subject; or
4. A Research Masters degree, where at least two thirds of the degree consisted of a supervised research component and resulted in the production of a thesis or equivalent; or
5. A combination of qualifications, research training and experience, considered equivalent to the above and deemed appropriate by the university, e.g., senior authorship of at least one peer-reviewed publication plus completion of an appropriate research methods subject.
Note: Candidates who do not meet any of the above may apply for a higher degree pathway offered in the form of the Graduate Certificate of Research Methods and the Graduate Diploma of Research Methods.
1. Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54); or
2. Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
3. Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
In-Country Representative Malaysia: Eddie Siew
Contact: +6017 270 6709