1. All applicants must normally demonstrate academic capacity at a satisfactory level (Grade Point Average of Credit or equivalent) in their final year of coursework study that was used as part of the basis for admission.
2. To be eligible to apply for entry to a Research Masters degree an applicant must demonstrate the capacity to undertake research at the Research Masters level by the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree with either a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.5 in the final full time year of study, or with demonstrated research experience.
3. Applicants for a Research Masters degree who have not already successfully completed an appropriate research methods subject must enrol in and successfully complete an appropriate research methods subject preferably before their Confirmation of Candidature Milestone, in addition to the normal course requirements.
4. Applicants for a Research Masters degree that includes compulsory research methodology training in addition to the normal course requirements may be admitted on the basis of an appropriate Bachelor’s degree.
Note: Candidates who do not meet any of the above may apply for a higher degree pathway offered in the form of the Graduate Certificate of Research Methods or the Graduate Diploma of Research Methods.
1. Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54); or
2. Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP); or
3. Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards within the last two years on a case-by-case basis
In-Country Representative Malaysia: Eddie Siew
Contact: +6017 270 6709