The following course pre-requisites have been designed to ensure the assumed base introductory knowledge within the Accounting, Marketing and Management disciplines.
1. Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a cognate* discipline from this or another university; or
2. Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in any discipline from this or another university and two years business experience in a managerial role; or
3. Completion of an AQF level 8 honours degree in any discipline from this or another university; or
4. Completion of an AQF level 8 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from this or another university; or
5. Four years business experience in a managerial role**, to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
6. Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the university as equivalent to the above.
*Cognate disciplines: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Management, Commerce, Human Resources Management, Economics, Tourism and Hospitality or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
**Business experience: Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organization organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, accounting, marketing, economics, communication and people management
1. Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of IELTS 6.5 (no component lower than 6.0) / TOEFL (Internet Based) 86 (no component less than 21) / Pearson PTE Academic 58 (no component less than 54) or
2. Satisfactory completion of James Cook University Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP) or
3. Successful completion of other qualifications completed in English Language deemed comparable to Australian standards on a case-by-case basis in accordance to JCU admissions guidelines.
In-Country Representative Malaysia: Eddie Siew
Contact: +6017 270 6709